Monday, August 17, 2009

Pesto Pea Salad

I rarely find a recipe that I don't tweak or change. I also don't make many dishes with only a few ingredients and/or spices, but this is one of them. It's perfect.

This salad is such a great sumer dinner. Not only does it have great flavor and texture, it takes 5 minutes to throw together. We had it for dinner tonight on its own, although it would be great with some crusty bread, and a grilled chicken breast marinaded in pesto.


Pesto Pea Salad
Ingredients
1/4 lb baby spinach, washed
10 oz. frozen peas, defrosted
1/2 c. prepared pesto
1 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp toasted pine nuts

Method
Place all ingredients in a bowl. Toss. Eat.


* I really like to use the frozen baby peas from Trader Joe's.
Recipe from Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa at Home, page 77 (2006); my picture :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog and have enjoyed reading it.

This sounds so easy and so delicious! It sounds great enough to be leftovers for the next day to take to work even.